Issue 113 - April 2011 - Page 18
Dog Comes Home With Deadly Snake Around His Snout
Message claims that an attached photograph shows Bronson, a black Labrador Retriever with a deadly copperhead snake wrapped around his snout.
The claims in the message are true and the photograph is genuine. Bronson's encounter with the snake took place in January 2010.
Detailed analysis and references below example.
Last updated: 22nd March 2011
First published: 22nd March 2011
Article written by Brett M. Christensen
About Brett Christensen and Hoax-Slayer
Subject: FW: Black Lab Comes Home With Deadly Snake Around His Snout
You're never too old to do something stupid
Black Lab Comes Home With Deadly Snake Wrapped Around His Snout
Bronson is a retriever Extraordinaire.
Ducks are his specialty, and sometimes cell phones and other out-of-place odds and ends.
But this 11-year-old black lab recently came up to his owners with a startling quarry; A deadly copperhead snake. As you can see by the photo, the snake was coiled around his snout.
The snakeís head appears to be clamped firmly in Bronsonís mouth and Bronson looks rather forlorn at his predicament.
This Australian dog was lucky his owners, Deborah and Peter Allen were home when he arrived with his frightening muzzle.
While they quickly tried to figure out what to do, Deborah grabbed a camera and snapped this shot to document the event.
Image credit: Deborah Allen
This message, which discusses labrador retriever, Bronson's encounter with a venomous copperhead snake, circulates via email and has also been posted to many blogs and online forums. The message includes a photograph of Bronson after he returned home with the deadly reptile coiled around his snout. The circulating message was originally posted
on the Dogstar blog.
The information in the message is true and the photograph is genuine. Bronson's adventure took place back in January 2010 near Yarragon, in the Australian state of Victoria. A January 18, 2010 Herald Sun article about Bronson
confirms the information in the message, noting:
HE'S never had a nose for trouble before but black labrador Bronson sure knows how to turn heads with his retrieving tricks.
The champion obedience dog stunned his Victorian owners when he recently returned to them to proudly show off his latest find.
Locked firmly in his jaws and coiled around his snout was a long, live snake, believed to be a deadly copperhead.
Bronson was bitten by the snake during his encounter. However, the Herald Sun article notes that he recovered fully and returned home after four days in hospital.
Black Lab Comes Home With Deadly Snake Around His Snout
Labrador shocks owner Deborah Allen by bringing home deadly snake
Pages in this month's issue:
- "Photo U Got Tagged In" Rogue App
- Internet Rumour: Ramsgate Abduction Attempts - Man With Grey Hair & Glasses Driving a Red Car
- Little Rupert The One Pound Deer
- Is Lemon A Cancer Killer That is 10,000 Times Stronger Than Chemotherapy?
- Modelling Agency Overpayment Scam
- Japanese Tsunami 'Whale into Building' Clickjacking Scam
- Hacker Warning Hoax - Do Not Accept Friend Requests From Bobby Roberts
- DHL Notification Malware Email
- Crosses on the Beach at Santa Barbara - ACLU Suit Against Military Crosses And Prayer in the Military?
- Scammers Exploit 'Facebook Closing Down' Hoaxes via Rogue Apps
- July 2011 - 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays, 5 Sundays
- Craigslist iPad Giveaway Survey Scam
- Buscopan Syrup Recall Warning
- Facebook 'Virus Alert' - Charlie Sheen Found Dead
- White Van with Red Dragon Abduction Alert Messages
- Crocodile In Sugar Mill Sump
- Australian Tax Refund Scam Email
- Dog Comes Home With Deadly Snake Around His Snout
- Bogus Hacker Warning - ' Between First and Second Names in Facebook Chat
- False Virus Warning - Do Not Add "Smartgrrl15" Because Its a Virus
- New Prison Photographs - Prison vs Work
- Pepsi Can Email Hoax
- False Story Claims 450 Gaza Grooms Wed Girls Under Ten in Mass Muslim Marriage
- Baby Pacey Moore Prayer Request
- Slow Dance Charity Hoax
- Fake BBC News Alert Warns of Radiation Rain in Asian Countries
- Yahoo Account Phishing Scam Email