Issue 121 - December 2011 - Page 28
Protest Message - Dog Named 'Parrot' Shot by Police
Message circulating via social media decries the public and seemingly unjustified, shooting of a dog named "Parrot" by a police officer.
The event described in the message did occur. However, it took place in September 2010 and had no connection to the current Occupy Movement as implied in the message. Accounts of the incident differ significantly. Statements from the dog's owner and other witnesses mirror the description of the event in this protest message. However, police claim that the dog was killed because it was about to attack a police officer.
Detailed analysis and references below example.
Last updated: 3rd November 2011
First published: 3rd November 2011
Article written by Brett M. Christensen
About Brett Christensen and Hoax-Slayer
The dog was named Parrot.
This was taken moments before Parrot was murdered by the cop. The cop drove his knee into the middle of Parrot's back while stretching Parrot's forelegs behind him, as one would do with an armed criminal. Without waiting to determine whether this technique would calm Parrot, the cop grabbed Parrot, lifted him off the ground, and brought him to the top of the concrete staircase.
He threw Parrot over the banister, down twelve steps, and onto the concrete floor. Then, the cop stood at the top of the stairs, drew his weapon, and executed Parrot. Aaron, the animal's owner, cannot recall the number of shots fired. Witnesses state that Parrot was not harming anybody and was simply frightened by the cop. At no time did Parrot try to bite the officer, all he did was start barking.
It doesn't matter if you are a part of an Occupy movement, PETA, Republican, Democrat, Independant Religious or not, if you are a part of the human race this should be a wake up call that something is very wrong with our society.
Isn't brutally killing animals something that most Serial Killers do right before they switch to killing humans?
This protest message, which features a photograph of a police office restraining a dog, claims that moments after the photograph was taken, the dog was shot dead by police. According to the message, the dog, named "Parrot" was first thrown off a banister and then shot dead without justification. The wording of the message implies that the incident occurred during a recent Occupy Movement gathering.
The incident described in the message did take place and the photograph is genuine. However, the killing of the dog occurred
more than a year ago in September 2010. Moreover, the incident occurred, not at an Occupy Movement protest, but rather at an Adams Morgan Day street festival in Washington, DC.
Accounts of the police killing of Parrot differ considerably
. All agree that police became involved after Parrot bit another dog that was passing by. However, the dog's owner and other eye witnesses claim that the killing was unjustified because Parrot was "making no aggressive overtures" when he was shot. Parrot's owner claims that he was already subduing the dog when police stepped in. But, police tell a different story. According to a Police Report
about the incident, an officer threw the dog into a stairwell after being bitten on the hand while attempting to control it. The Police Report claims that the dog then charged back up the stairs towards the police officer and was subsequently shot to protect the safety of the officer and members of a large nearby crowd.
Police fatally shoot dog at Adams Morgan festival
Why Did Police Shoot a Dog in Adams Morgan?
Incident Based Police Report
Pages in this month's issue:
- Bogus Warning - Scammers Asking for Baby Details to Claim Benefits in Your Children's Names
- False Claim - Cardiff City Football Club Refused to Donate Club Shirt for Fallen Soldier's Coffin
- Summer Chain Email - Blond Hair And Blood Shot Eyes
- Facebook Account Reported Phishing Scam
- Christmas Tree App Virus Hoax
- Sears Supports Reservist Employees Email Forward
- False Claim - Colour Photographs of Hitler Taken by American Life Photographer
- Budweiser Frogs Virus Hoax
- Phone Text Message Lottery Scams
- Skype TopUp Payment PayPal Phishing Scam
- Hoax - Mark Zuckerberg Blames Facebook Porn Attack on the Philippines
- 'DGTFX Virus' Email Account Phishing Scam
- Recent Facebook Porn Attack Highlights Dangers of Misleading 'Security' Warnings
- False - Send Christmas Cards for Recovering Soldiers to Queen Elizabeth Hospital
- Christmas Cards for Recovering American Soldiers
- Starbucks Coffee Free Gift Card Survey Scam
- Facebook 'Virus' Warning - 'Nobody can watch this for more than 15 seconds' Video
- Advance Fee Scam - British National Lottery Promo Programme
- Live Ants In The Brain Hoax
- Hoax - Albany Bread Poisoned by Staff
- PayPal 'Verify to Resolve Account Limitations' Phishing Scam
- Red Bull Car Adverts Money Laundering Scam
- Hoax - Facebook Shutting Down on March 15
- False Warning - Red Dot Inside a Red Square On Chocolate Bars Indicates That Product Contains A Pork Derivative
- IT Service Desk 'Scheduled Maintenance & Upgrade' Phishing Scam
- Abandoned Two Week Old Sydney Baby Prayer Request
- Protest Message - Prison Sentence for Spray Painting Poppy on Mosque
- Protest Message - Dog Named 'Parrot' Shot by Police
- Inaccurate Protest Message - Poundland and Bodyshop Banning Staff From Wearing Poppies
- Apple Store Account Phishing Scam