Issue 123 - January 2012 (2nd Edition) - Page 20
Stolen Tibetan Spaniels Alert
Circulating social media message asks users to keep publicising information about the theft of five Tibetan Spaniels.
The information in the message is true. On Tuesday, 27th December 2011, five Tibetan Spaniels were stolen from kennels in an Oxfordshire UK village. Two of the dogs were quickly tracked down by police. Two more were later recovered. One pup, Alice, is still missing. A sixth dog ran away from the thieves and later returned on its own
Detailed analysis and references below example.
Last updated: 30th December 2011
First published: 30th December 2011
Article written by Brett M. Christensen
Research by David White, Brett Christensen
About Brett Christensen and Hoax-Slayer
PLEASE KEEP PUBLICISING THE STOLEN TIBETAN SPANIELS AND LET EVERYONE KNOW THE POLICE ARE TAKING THIS VERY SERIOUSLY. The 9 year old bitch must have been so frightened that she bolted and thankfully turned up on the door step. Sadly the thieves still have the young Champion male, a 2 year old bitch, a 3 year old bitch and two 8 month old puppy bitches. Heather and Liz have been overwhelmed by the reaction of the dog people but we still need to keep publicising as much as possible. Contact numbers again are: 01235-850289 or 07768 491762 - email email@example.com – DAY OR NIGHT!
This message, which is currently circulating via social media sites and email, asks users to be on the lookout for five stolen Tibetan Spaniels. The message includes contact details for the owners of the stolen dogs and requests that users keep publicising the information by passing on the alert to others.
The information in the alert is factual, although now a little outdated. The five Tibetan Spaniels
were stolen from kennels at the village of Upton in Oxfordshire, UK on Tuesday, 27th December 2011 by four men driving a silver Mitsubishi.
Two of the stolen dogs were recovered by police in the Hampshire town of Hadley. It was originally believed that a sixth dog was also stolen. However, the sixth Spaniel apparently thwarted the thieves by running away. She later returned to her owners.
On the 6th of January 2012, Gladys and Amy were also recovered, leaving just one pup, Alice left to find.
Up-to-date information on the case can be found on the Missing Tibetan Spaniels Facebook Group
or via the DogLost website
Tibetan spaniels stolen from Oxfordshire kennels
Missing Tibetan Spaniels Facebook Group
Lost: Red And White Tibetan Spaniel Female In South East (OX11)
Pages in this month's issue:
- A Special Appeal to Facebook Users - Unauthorised Use of Baby Zoe Chambers Photograph
- TalkTalk Service Cancellation Phishing Scam
- Facebook Protest Message Against Casey Anthony Book Deal
- Gang Initiation Warning Hoax - Infant Car Seat Left On Roadside
- What is a Facebook Survey Scam? - Survey Scams Explained
- Fake LinkedIn Email Leads to Pharmacy Spam Website
- Rihanna Is NOT Dead
- Animal Mistreatment Protest Message - Firecracker Put In Dog's Mouth
- Hoax - Facebook Will Pay Three Cents Per Share to Help Baby With Facial Cancer
- Social Media Driven Hope Barbie Campaign
- Unfounded Facebook Rumour - Thierry Mairot Wants to Talk to Children About Sex
- Animal Rescue Site Email Forward
- Eden Project Recall Of Bracelets Made From Jequirity Bean
- Hoax Warning: Lost Child Lure - 'New Way for Gang Members to Rape Women'
- 'Switch to Pink Facebook' Survey Scam
- Tanner Dwyer Friend Request Hacker Hoax
- "Went To The Party" Anti Drink-Driving Message
- Bogus Warning Claims KiK Messenger is a Hacking Scheme
- Bogus Amazon Shipping Confirmation Emails Point To Malware
- Stolen Tibetan Spaniels Alert
- Video Of Hero Dog Pulling Another Dog From A Busy Highway
- Facebook Message - RIP for Family Slain by Man Dressed as Santa
- False Warning - Do Not Add 'Jason Lee' Because Its a Virus