Issue 141 - October 2012 (2nd Edition) - Page 6
Justin Bieber Stolen Laptop and Camera - Sex Tape Rumours
Circulating social media messages claim that pop star Justin Bieber had his laptop and camera stolen at a recent concert and speculate that the devices may have contained "sex tape" footage or other embarrassing information.
Credible reports indicate that Justin Bieber
did have a personal laptop and camera stolen while he performed at Tacoma, Washington, on October 9, 2012. Exactly what information or images were contained on the devices has not been revealed. Suggestions that the stolen information or pictures may be subsequently used to embarrass or discredit the young star is - at this point at least - nothing more than idle speculation.
Scroll down to submit comments
Last updated: October 11, 2012
First published: October 11, 2012
Article written by Brett M. Christensen
About Brett Christensen and Hoax-Slayer
Justin Bieber had his laptop and camera stolen last night in Tacoma! Sex tape???? lol
Did you hear that Bieber laptop and digital camera were stolen? Maybe there will be some kind of Bieber sex tape thing happenning. lol
Bieber's laptop and camera stolen in Tacoma! said he has personal things on there..hope they wern't TOO personal..lol
Justin bieber is mad that his laptop got stolen now because his naked pics will get released
Social media websites are currently abuzz with speculation about possible consequences involving the theft of a laptop computer and camera belonging to pop superstar Justin Bieber. The messages claim that Bieber had the devices stolen while performing at an October 9, 2012 concert at Tacoma, Washington. While many messages are sympathetic in tone, others rather gleefully suggest that the devices may contain movie footage, pictures or personal information that might be later used to embarrass or discredit the young performer. Perhaps, some rather breathlessly suggest, even a "sex tape".
According to various media reports, a laptop and camera belonging to Justin Bieber were indeed stolen at the Tacoma concert. An October 10 News Tribune article notes
While Justin Bieber was stealing hearts in Tacoma on Tuesday night someone was stealing his camera and computer containing personal images.
An October 10 Winnipeg Free Press article concurs, noting:
Justin Bieber's laptop has been stolen.
The 'Never Say Never' hitmaker was performing in Tacoma, Washington, last night (09.10.12) when a thief struck, allegedly taking the computer and his camera, which the singer said contained a lot of "personal" material.
Bieber posted the following message to Twitter after the concert:
yesterday during the show me and my tour manager josh had some stuff stolen. really sucks. people should respect other's property
He followed up with another message which stated:
i had a lot of personal footage on that computer and camera and that is what bothers me the most. #lame #norespect
But, despite the rumours and speculation making their way around social media sites, exactly what this "personal footage" might show has not been revealed.
Justin Bieber complains of theft during Tacoma Dome concert
Justin Bieber's laptop stolen
Pages in this issue:
- ADP 'Transaction Reports' Malware Email
- Facebook 'Virus' Warning Message - Album 92
- Dubious Facebook 'Security Alert' - Obama Nation Hackers
- Johnny Depp is NOT Dead
- Social Media Rumours Falsely Claim Fidel Castro is Dead
- Justin Bieber Stolen Laptop and Camera - Sex Tape Rumours
- 'Interested in Using Your Photo for Pepsi Ad' - Money Laundering Scam
- Hoax - Obama's Cook County Correctional Center
- NatWest 'Customer Satisfaction Survey' Phishing Scam
- Facebook Survey Scam - 'Drunk 17 Year Old Caught on Tape'
- Facebook's Promoted Posts Program for Users Causing Confusion
- 'Little Dead Girl Clarissa' Warning - Nasty and Violent Internet Chain Letter
- Hoax Warning Message - 'National Kill A Pit Bull Day'
- Yorkshire Building Society - Egg Account Transfer Phishing Scam
- Skype 'Password Successfully Changed' Scam Email
- Michael Vick Did NOT Break His Legs in a Car Accident